Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Converting to XNA 4.0

XNA 4.0
I'm currently in the mode to update all my software, since I eventually have to move up, and redo alot of DBD code, now that I'm more skilled in programming, so i'm starting with RogueLikeXNA to give it a bit of a test. I had to rip out the old stencil shader for it to RUN, and I got this, I haven't even touched the code yet, but I just thought it was an interesting thing.

As usually when I update it you won't have to worry about a thing and just download the installer, it'll take care of you guys for me :).

I'll post here other changes that XNA brings.

-So far Visual Studio 2010 HATES win 7 64 bit since the express and full version crash upon converting code, To get around this you simply have to click CONVERT ALL, on the first box with a red X. If you hit next it's crashes on the font it tried to use, probably need some system 32 files and what not.

-It's the new spriteBatch.Draw() routine, the effects have changed. Time to have a play around here, this looks interesting.

-It's nice to have some more control but DAMN is the spritebatch a PAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment