Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Adding in a particle system!

When a miner has to mine, we need blocks to crumble and fall, but for some reason there's an error with the scrolling camera that I can't, for the life of me figure out.

Going by remiers XNA cannon tutorial, I started to implement an explosion, I chose this because of how smooth it really is, and I like the mini explosion.

That's part of it anyway, and for some reason when the camera moves, it moves down, out of the camera view, something to do with the offset I think, I'll add in a new particle system soon.

The player has a bounding box, i'll fix that, I'll add in how much ore you mine now, then i'll post what I've done, I won't post this particle system because it seams broken when I use it, also for some reason random bricks are getting made.

This is tons of fun, to the few users reading this post, here's a link to the current build.

Download the latest here!


This type of particle system is alright for learning but the picture is 1meg unzipped, I like to keep file sizes down, so i'll try and fix it and also make it all more blocky when demolishing and not change it to an explosion but some type of dirt flinging up, blocky style, which I think would be cool.

Also I have to add HEALTH to the blocks so it takes more than 1 hit to destroy, maybe even little cracks while you mine would be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment